Hi, I am looking for someone (perhaps a team) with experience and ability in Data Warehousing to do part of a project for me. The work that needs to be done is pre-ETL (Extract Transform Load). It is a mapping document (in Excel) based on input table specifications and output format. If you didn't understand any of the concepts above, perhaps this bid is not for you. There are about 14 source tables as input and there are 3 output entity specifications. There are several hundred fields in the source and about a hundred or so attributes in the output star schema. The output is centered around a fact table with several dimension tables (with attributes) around it. What you need to do is map (and perhaps combine in a way, like concatenate) the input fields to the output fields in a way that (i) satisfies the input fields description (ii) satisfies the output fields purpose (and description)
You will be provided with:
- Input specification:
* A pdf document describing the source system (that is the entities and the respective attributes)
- Output specification:
* 3 xls files describing the output format
* A pdf describing the star schema of the warehouse
* A sample mapping document (something like this is what you will have to produce)
You will need to:
* **FIGURE OUT WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE EXACTLY** . Please understand that my experience in this field is somewhat limited and I want someone who has done (or at least knows how to do) this kind of thing before. You will receive all the documents I have received which I am sure are sufficient for an individual (or a team) with proper experience.
* Produce an Excel document, similar to the sample which will be provided, mapping the input to the output. This will be verified by an experienced team, so it must be "the right thing".
The Warehouse is of a financial/banking business model.
* All work is strictly confidential. I will release the supporting documents to the coder (or coders) I choose to work with. You will have to agree to destroy all copies of those documents once work is complete. Also, once work begins, I may ask you to sign an NDA.
* Daily reporting required. This is a "with-a-deadline" job. If we do business together I must know that you are working on this job.
* Timely and proper performance will be bonused.
* I need this document complete by 21st July 2005
If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, state in your bid the answer to the following question,in order to demonstrate your ability in the field of data warehouse:
"What is the role (purpose, with regard to other processes) of ETL in a Warehouse model?"
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Jul 14, 2005 1:56:09 PM:
After discussing the matter with our specialists here, we have concluded that there is no fesable way to deliver the profesional document we want by the deadline specified (even excluding the delays caused by the escrowing and buyer verifications) and therefore we have decided to let this project go.
I thank you all for the effort put into bidding and be sure I will seek your services (perhaps on a more timely manner) on my future project needs.
FYI, the bidders I have had decided to consider for the next stage (should it have been the case) are: