I need a simple application which is a web-based application. This application is about store the location of hotels and restaurants location on the map. The web server and map management using MapServer.org. I just need the point on the map, and the point is stored on MySQL database. When visitors choose hotel, the map shows the point location of hotels on the map, and it does the same for restaurants. The map can be uploaded and deleted dynamically (for example, if there's any change of the map).
The user of the web-application is visitor and admin. Admin can upload image of map, manage hotel and restaurant information (insert update and delete).
About the map, I only used JPEG as the map. I have no shapefile. Maybe you can give me any clue, should i converted the JPEG file to another format. If it is not necessary, I mean I can just use the JPEG file as map, then it'll be OK. The main thing is the point location can be stored on MySQL.
Well, the web-application must has features as follow:
1. Manage hotel information (insert, update, delete)
2. Manage restaurant information (insert, update, delete)
3. Upload image file of the map.
1. View all hotels' location on the map
2. View all restaurants' location on the map
3. Search hotel / restaurant, and when click on a particular link, it will shows the location on the map.
The map is for one region of a city (for demo version to me, you can use any location). Operating system is Microsoft Windows 7 with MapServer for win32 (downloaded from [url removed, login to view]). Database is MySQL. The source code must in PHP.