I have this device: [url removed, login to view]
I need two apps made, both do same thing, one is in linux and one is windows.
In windows the device enumerates as COM5, and there are examples on that site link to C# and VB scripts how to connect and get the data.
On linux the device enumerates as ttyACM0, using screen or minicom or whatever can gain access to the serial port.
Very simple, when you connect via serial, and send "a"+cr+lf it should spit back the voltage rating to you.
You can choose which OS to start with first. This should not take you longer than 2 hours of work.
- application to auto connect to USB COM port
- log output in volts to file with time stamp
- all voltages must be logged even if the system crashes, we need to see the voltage at last reading before crash
- updates are ever 1 second
- when voltage drops below [url removed, login to view] volts an email needs to be sent saying that this voltage has been met
Link to datasheet and sample files.....