I am designing a firewall product to compete with vendors such as ZoneAlarms, Sygate Personal Firewall, Norton Personal firewall, and TinyFirewall. A more detailed list may be found at: [url removed, login to view],4148,4722,[url removed, login to view] The developers are expected to review some of the competing products and make suggestions on features that should be included in our product.
The program will have three major components:
• Inbound Stateful firewall: No packets will be allowed in unless it is a response to a connection initiated from the PC or explicitly allowed by the user. The user may specify the source port and destination ports of the allowed packets.
• Outbound: No traffic will be allowed out unless explicitly allowed by the owner.
• IDS: The product will have an IDS sensor that uses Snort ([url removed, login to view]) definitions to detect intrusion attacks. Attacking IP addresses will be Null routed, thus preventing the PC from responding.
The program should offer automatic updating, detailed logging, and Application layer proxying for common protocols. The software will be distributed with a 30 day free trial that will need a license key to continue use.
Please contact me for a more detailed design specification before bidding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form (or web-application) as well as complete source code of all work done. Must also include PHP or Perl script used to send out license keys when purchaser buys the product and details as to how to setup the website for automatic updating of the product.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement). A usable product must be delivered in 30 days of acceptance of this work.
The product should be supported on the following operating systems:
Windows 98, 98 Second Edition
Windows Millennium Edition (ME)
Windows 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, Advanced Server Windows XP Home Edition, Professional