I am looking to do a byte for byte (or bit for bit) comparison of two files with a Patch file being created which only stores the difference in individual bytes between the two files.
This Patch file could then be applied to the older file to bring that up to date with the more current file.
See the attached drawing.
In other words, instead of copying the whole file, only the bytes that are different get copied as a file and that Patch is applied to the older file to update it.
As such there will be two functions.
1) to create the new Patch file
2) to add that Patch file to the older file in order to update it
Note: The files may be located on different machines.
The files will need to be manipulated at binary level so that any type of file can be handled. zip, rar, iamge files, exe, whatever.
I think that is all the info you will need, please let me know if more is required. I will want to build this into a larger application so while I will need an exe to do testing, it will need to be written as an ActiveX
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
VB or C++
Win2000, XP etc.