We have a multi-threaded TCP daemon running on linux. Currently it is being tested with Redhat ES 4 but any released code should work well with most linux distributions.
The program receives client connections and converts commands from the client into, for the most part, linux commands. A bit oversimplified, but thats the idea.
Somewhere along the line, however, one of the threads hang on a command.
This bug should be a breeze for an expert c++ programmer with experience with linux socket programming. Something very simple is going wrong, we just lack the experience to find it.
We have a nearly perfect replication process and the code is organized and ready to be edited.
EXPERTS ONLY!!!! Do not waste my time.
Accepted coder must modify code in place, but we have a solid makefile and fast server -- replication takes about 30 seconds.
When bidding, tell me why you chose to bid what you bid, what extra steps you will take to make my life easier, and how much sooner than the deadline you expect to finish (if you can judge at all).
I am insanely easy to work for, so long as you know more than me about the task. Sorry for the "stern" description, I'm just getting tired of hiring people then becoming their mentor. I'm really a nice guy :)
I look forward to working with you,
1) Finished code must compile and run on CentOS 3.4, 4.2, 4.3 and Redhat ES 4.
2) When finished, the program must survive the crash test and an extreme test. The extreme test will follow the basic principles of the standard (existing) test, but will hit much harder. You have to fix the bug in question, no others, but that bug may require more than one "fix" .. the crash test is your guide.
3) All code must be neat, and well commented. You will also have to provide at least 1.5 pages of descriptive writing explaining the bug, why it caused problems, what you did to fix it, and the logic behind the fix (why it works now).
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
5) You may only download the code you need, nothing else. Access is monitored, any attempt to compromise our security will immediately void this contract and developer will not be paid any money. Developer will also be responsible for the cancellation fee if he is discontinued for any reason.
6) Extreme display of ignorance will void the contract. I.e. not knowing how to use SSH, SCP/FTP, etc
7) Absolutely no 3rd party libraries may be added to the project without the explicit, written, permission of the buyer.
The software must run, and will be tested on, CentOS 3.4/4.2/4.3 and Redhat ES 4.
Both a standard and extreme test will be run on each linux distribution, a failure of any means incomplete.