* I want a simple 1 page website (no graphic design necessary) where I could drag and drop an Excel file onto the webpage, and the site would load the Excel file into an Access Database table (same # of columns and column names).?
* I will be loading files daily, so after the first file, the site? would append the new data to the table each time.?
* After the file has completed loading, a dialog box would indicate that it has successfully been loaded.? I should be able to click OK to close the dialog box, and the site should be ready to allow another drag and drop load (the data would append to the same table).
* Duplicate records should be skipped (based on primary key), but a file containing duplicates should load all non duplicate rows? and show "success" on the resulting dialog box with the number of rows skipped.
* If the file does not match the # of columns or has some other issue, the web page should provide a popup indicating that the file could not be loaded and why.
* Optional: a progress bar showing the percentage complete as the file is loading into access
* coded in VB.NET
* Access 2003 compliant
* all source code must be provided
Excel File Details:
* The files will contain ~1000 records, so I would need to know if there are any size limitations in Access.?
* The excel file contains 53 columns.? ?
* 1 aspx file with source code
* 1 mdb file with 1 table, and sample data loaded (from file I will provide)
I will provide you with the first file for testing.