The Webalizer is a fast, free web server log file analysis program. It produces highly detailed, easily configurable usage reports in HTML format, for viewing with a standard web browser. www.webalizer.com. For example of this file
* I need an EXACT copy in features/functionality of this program.
* I need ability to edit a CONFIG file to designate where the log files are located then generate
* IMPORTANT: I need the table Total Sites to incorporate reverse DNS lookup, so records will automatically resolve to [url removed, login to view] instead of [url removed, login to view] (I know some IP addresses do not have names)
Here is the setup as is right now, the Web Server is running on IIS 5 windows 2000 SP3 and is generating a log file daily, log file format is W3C Extended and inside has all information:
**Variables inside a log file: Download a generated log file here [url removed, login to view]
** • Client IP Address • Server Port • Bytes Sent • User Name • Method • Bytes Received • Service Name • URI Stem • Time Taken • Server Name • URI Query • Protocol Version • Server IP Address • Protocol Status • Host • Referer • Win32 Status • User Agent
* Please let me know which one of these I do not need, cause I have a feeling I really do not need all the repeated values.
I need an asp script that READS the log files and generates a report, the reports should then be written to an OUTPUT directory, in which I can gain access to that folder and also have backups of prior stats, as well as view it online. There is no database in use here, the only things this script has to do is: READ | TRANSLATE | OUTPUT data. Like webalizer it breaks the files into months and there is a drill down to the months in total. **Look at an example operational webalizer here>[url removed, login to view]**, the look and feel will be edited by me so I do not expect this to look nice, just CODED + COMMENTED nicely.
The coder should know what webalizer is in order to actually build a parallel one in .asp.
Questions please feel free to ask.
***As with all my projects I will require clean no nonsense coding. Please provide a simple piece of code (anything) that shows me the way you code.***
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
**ASP/.net/VBscript others open to suggestion** As with all my projects I will require clean no nonsense coding. Please provide a simple piece of code (anything) that shows me the way you code.