Most of us have a large collection of tech. devices or books. Our website will show those books or items we have, and allow the user to send a request and borrow the items for a certain amount of time.
This project will be done using a fully functional MySQL database containing a UserInfo, Items, Books, and Transaction tables, and will be using object orientated programming and classes.
Login Page – the page users login to to access the site
- To register the user will have to request an account and provide a firstname, lastname, email. The admin will send back a invitation containing a username and password, and a userID for that user.
- No guests will be allowed to go past this webpage without a registered user account.
Search Page - The users will be able to search for utilities by name, and ID number. Books will be searched by title, year, ID number, and author.
- This will fully utilize the database that has been setup.
- The admin can add or remove items.
- Generates an error message if item or book is not available.
- Users must search items by name or ID number. And books are searched using title, year, ID or the type of format.
Results Page – Confirms the users selection on the item or book.
- The user will have a loan period(two weeks) shown on the borrowed item or book.
- Generates a reset number.
- Users can leave a note or comment regarding their request.
Summary Page(Admin Only)
- The admin can see which item is borrowed, and send an email request by pushing a button that generates a standard reminder that the borrowed item must be returned to their email.
- The admin can delete users and items from the database.