We have a slightly modified PHPBB3 forum at the moment and we want to make some changes.
Here's the link to the forum: [url removed, login to view]
There is a small chatbox on the top but it updates really slowly and the features are very basic.
We want to improve that chatbox to have the following features:
- Be real time
- Stop locking up! (at current it periodically stops working and the page needs to be refreshed)
- Have pop up private messaging system (maybe something like facebook) without completely covering the main chatbox channel.
- Have notification sounds that can be turned on or off (default off, turn on when people begin chatting)
- Letting admins and moderators have control (Banning people from the chat, suspending people from the chat for a period of time that is changeable, deleting messages)
- Option of appearing offline or turning off the chat box entirely
- Having the youtube/soundcloud links appear embedded ready to be played (Togglable on and off)
- The admin can change the number of chat posts displayed.
- Users being able to create their own chatting channels.
- Fill up half the screen so people can post on the forum as they chat (This can be toggled on or off)
We want to implement these changes one by one rather than all together.
We will roll out a new change every few days and we will ensure that there are no bugs during that time.
We are open to having a new chat modification entirely as long as it is integrated with PHPBB3 so that the users use the same accounts for the chat and the forum without having to log in again, as the current one does.
Please contact me for any clarification.
Good luck bidding! =]