I have a perl script that I need to update and add some sophistication.
Here's what it does:
1. Looks in one table in my database to find rows matching some criteria
2. Looks in another table in my database to find two rows relating to results from #1
3. Performs a very basic calculation on the data from #2
4. Uses a _data_ template to output .txt files with the results from #3 embedded in the _data_ template
Here's what I need it to do that it doesn't do right now:
0. Build an array holding elements filename, instance, maxlength
2. Instead of finding two rows relating to results from #1, build an array of (up to 7) rows with these results
3.1 Based on results of step 3 above, select specific [url removed, login to view] from array and store name to variable
3.2 Calculate new value of result of step 3, taking into account [url removed, login to view]'s maxlength
4. Following the current script's architecture, build out the _data_ template to use the array from new Step 2 (in the past there were two data points; now there are more - need new template to include data from all elements of the array of results from the new Step 2.)
I can be much more specific when the project isn't in the public domain, including sending a sample of the current script. Since the current script includes most of the information you'll need, the update should be very easy for an experienced Perl programmer.