Robot Sea Monster is a digital production studio with an extensive background in designing and developing mobile and web games, AR/VR, Web3 blockchain, and commercial applications.
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for interpreting client project requirements from the design document and creating a full architecture document including both front ends, back end, and database schema, across multiple frameworks and platforms. You will also be responsible for some or all of the implementation of the architecture during the production portion of the project, including architecture adjustments based on requirements changes, and providing assistance in team oversight and code review.
You must have experience in all aspects of a full-stack web application environment, especially server-side (Laravel) and client-side frameworks ([login to view URL], Vue.js). Experience with MySQL/Postgres/Mongo and Node.js is valued, as is experience translating client requirements into solid, scalable technical architectures.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) lasting for the duration of the production cycle. You will be expected to be available to attend daily stand-ups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. This is a remote work contract, but the worker must have at least 4 hours overlap with the Studio time 9 am to 5 pm PST.
Salary: 15 – 30 USD depending on experience.
This position is intended for individuals located in Latin America.
– Translate client requirements to full technical architectures, and implement your designs.
– Clear English communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Integrate via APIs with backend and third-party services.
– Adapt to fill in any required role on your production team, be it front end or back end, in order to ensure project success. Must have curiosity and a drive to expand capabilities.
– Provide assistance to other developers on the team through code review, QA, and rubber ducking.
– Create, Write, Design, Optimize, Maintain, Utilize, Contribute, Extend, Troubleshoot, Support, Assess, Aid, Evaluate, Document, etc.
– Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand-ups, and additional meetings as required.
– Utilize and contribute to company-wide code library
Qualifications & Skills
– Backend (compulsory): Laravel
– Frontend (compulsory): [login to view URL] / Vue.js
– Fluent in frameworks covering the full web stack.
– Extensive experience in web and web application development.
– Background in front-end web UI development is a plus.
– Strong ability to quickly implement clean and readable code from provided specifications, with communication skills to resolve any ambiguity.
– Write clean, efficient, well-documented code.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate issues and report project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience
– Must be detail-oriented, quality-driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive
– Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
– Able to accept constructive feedback on your work
– Proven history of working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
Robot Sea Monster is a fully remote company with team members across the globe. We expect you to provide the appropriate computer, peripherals, and software needed for this position, in addition to the high-speed internet, mic, and camera required for video conferencing and voice calls. Robot Sea Monster will provide access to all team systems and any proprietary software or hardware required for a project.
You will need to be available via Google Meet, Slack, and email during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when we need to meet project deadlines and for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based on the number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.