I am seeking a programmer who specializes in MAC’s , but also has a knowledge of PC’s to develop a script that will ‘forces’ PDF’s to have to be downloaded.
As an example of the application in use, do the following. (NOTE: The following test should be done on both MAC and PC, on order see the different result )
Step 1 – Using your MAC.
1. download the PDF from this link below. (When you click to download, you should be presented with the standard ‘download’ window which forces you to have to save the PDF onto your machine)
[url removed, login to view]
2. Once download is complete, on your MAC machine, open the PDF. The PDF will open using the MAC’s ‘Preview’ function
Perform the same procedure as above but this time, on your PC.
1. download the PDF from this link below. (When you click to download, you should be presented with the standard ‘download’ window which forces you to have save the PDF onto your machine)
2. Open the PDF in Adobe Reader.
1. When any PDF that contains the popup window function is open on a MAC machine in ‘Preview’ the popup function does not work because for some reason the ‘Preview’ function blocks the popup function in the PDF.
However, the popup function in the PDF’s work perfectly when opened on a PC and in Adobe Reader.
I require a script, or some sort of file management programming designed, that will force any PDF that is opened on any MAC machine to be forced to open in Adobe Reader and NOT in the ‘Preview’ function of the MAC. That way the popups in the PDF will function as they should.
If you have any questions please let me know