We have a new Rails app. The old app had data in MySql, now we're on Postgres.
1. The data structure is completely different, but we'd like to migrate everything over.
2. The old data stored passwords in the clear, now we're on Devise, so they need to be converted.
3. There are multiple tables, each of which needs to be migrated preserving the links in the old system to the new.
4. We have embedded Insightly CRM in the new system. As data is migrated, appropriate Insightly CRM records would need to be created.
5. As we're in testing mode, we want to make sure we can port the data multiple times as we go through the test cycle. In other words, the data conversion will not be a once-off. We see that we might want to import the data, test, delete it all, refresh from the most recent copy of the live system, and import again.