My idea is to create a mobile app that optimizes the user's settings for an international travel in one click. My app at its core would be a 'travel mode' button that changed a variety of settings to minimize or stop data from being used and eliminate accidental international calls.
1) shut off incoming/outgoing international calls
a) looking into this a bit myself already, it looks like the easiest way to stop outgoing calls would be cutting every country code from the user’s contact list, storing these country codes, and then pasting them when the user is done with their trip and puts it so their phone settings are back to what they were before they left. as someone with no programming experience though, I am of course open to any other suggestions, just thought I would throw what i’ve looked up out there.
2) shut off incoming/outgoing all texts, or just international texts if one buys a new sim card.
a) For outgoing texts: Go to Settings → Messages → Send as SMS, turn that off.
3) turn off all data: Go to settings, cellular, turn data roaming off.
4) turn off app automatic downloads/updates unless on wifi. go to settings, itunes and app store, automatic updates, make all go off
5) turn off attachments from mail: To toggle Load Remote Images, go to to Settings → Mail → Load Remote Images
6) have my app track your data statistics,
a) have a prompt to enter in your data plan and how long it will be for.
b) have app track if the user is on track to go over (like if you average this much a day it will be too much)
c) track if the user is X amount near the max they entered in. Have user be able to set what X is.
d) have the app put a notification up when you’re either on track to go over or X amount close to the max set.
7) disable/enable push notifications: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data
8) Have two ‘buttons’ to turn on: one for traveling internationally with normal SIM card and for for a new international sim. The only difference in default settings between the two would just be that the ‘new international sim’ button wouldn’t completely turn off data roaming (bullet #3) and wouldn’t wouldn’t turn off texting within the country of where the new sim card is bought (bullet #2).
32 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 1766 $ pour ce travail
Hi, I have 7+ years of experience in the mobile apps development including iPhone , Android , IPad , Tablets. Please check my recent portfolio reviews on profile. Yashwant