Rewrite of an existing application (PhoneGap) into native Android, using material design.
The application in question: [url removed, login to view]
My team is taking care of the backend and the iOS version of the app, and we are looking for someone to work with us long term on the native Android version.
Requirements for our work together:
- it’s a rewrite of an existing app, but with some changes; details for each screen will be provided,
- we are working on tasks in [url removed, login to view] and we will be using it to decide what things need to be included in the next milestone; updating the tasks as they are done and putting the new ones in there is a requirement,
- the source code has to be checked into a git repository (several commits, with meaningful messages per unit of time, checking in the code into the repository once for every milestone will be considered failing the requirement),
- update on the status of the work at least twice a week via email/freelancer message + questions on IM,
Requirements for the code/code quality:
- all code has to be documented and commented:
- the code has to be documented in a way that the documentation can be automatically generated,
- each class added needs to state its purpose in a docstring,
- each method of each class needs at least one sentence docstring explaining
- all the code written has to be successfully parsed by linters put in place by my team (this will give warnings/errors automatically after every commit), and the milestone can only ever be released when there are no problems found by the linters,
- at the root of the project folder there needs to be:
- a Makefile with targets to generate the executable and the documentation,
- an instruction on how to build setup the system to build the app, including the dependencies on the system
- the app has to use the existing backend. The backend is stable, and throughout the development of the code, you will be able to interact with an instance that you can store data in,
- the app will have to integrate external libraries, like: Google Analytics, [url removed, login to view], etc.
- the app can only use third party code we agree on (like the libraries mentioned above) and no other code must be included,
- the app has to be written in a resolution-independent way, so that it works properly on different screen sizes and resolutions,
- the app needs to work properly on Android v.4.4 and above (the previous versions don’t need to be supported),
All of the above requirements will have to be satisfied for any money to be released to you.
We estimate that the work necessary for this first scope is about 4-7 full working days, depending on the proficiency of the developer (that’s based on the time it took to build the iOS rewrite).
If we are happy the work together (both on code quality and the project management and communication grounds), we would like to continue on the project with all the next features we will be adding to the application.
Here is a detailed wireframe prototype for the screens. The comments are available for each screen (click top left to display).
The maximal budget for this project is 1250 GBP.
The maximal time to build is 45 days.
The SDKs to integrate will be : Google Analytics, Layer.com, Uservoice.com.
For the communication with the backend, a documentation for the REST JSON-based API will be made available.
Also, we have finally decided, to use https://atlas.layer.com/android for the messaging part of the app.
In terms of milestones, I suggest:
1) 5% milestone for the initial review of all libraries, templates, sdks to be used for things like navigational menu, any custom widgets, requests to the API, etc. Once we agree on all of them, we will continue.
2) 25% milestone for designing all of the screens with dummy data and dummy navigation. The deliverable here will be a ready to compile android studio project (with potentially instructions on how to build the project, including all necessary custom widgets, libraries, etc), that we will be able to install on different android phones and tables we have and verify that everything is displayed correctly. Small changes to the layout might be requested in order to accept this milestone.
3) 30% milestone for implementing the communication with the backend API, and setting up all frameworks (for example, events for Google Analytics, etc). The deliverable at this point will be a ready to compile project implementing all the functionality required.
4) 40% milestone for finishing up app, testing, making sure it works fast enough, and implementing the minor changes we will notice are needed in the process. This is a final product for this project.
Additionally, I forgot to mention before, the app will need to be able to receive push notifications.
Also, just to reiterate, the following things will be provided:
- API documentation, with access to a test server to make test calls,
- PSD format artworks (logo, splash screen) and photos for the moods,
- wireframe with comments available on the left (left top toggle to show/hide comments) https://marvelapp.com/2h2ichg, which shows the screens needed,
- the reference app "Wink.ms" available from google play store.
Hello, This is not a canned response. I have browsed the website and got basic idea about app. Also I have read the requirements carefully. We are following agile methodology and very well versed with tools Plus
23 freelance font une offre moyenne de £1500 pour ce travail
Dear Sir, Hope you are very well today. Thank for your valuable time. I downloaded your phonegap app but didn't able to login. We can do Graphic, API, Android and iOS NATIVE apps. We will also upload apps to Goog Plus
Dear Client, We have developed many applications and mostly work on native application. We have good ratting and complete rate. We can discuss further on the project if you ping me. Regards, Krish
Hello How are you? I read your project description carefully. I have 7 years experience with iOS and Android. Please check my profile in Freelancer.com http://www.freelancer.com/u/zhengnami13.html As you ca Plus
***Hi,I checked your description carefully. I can do your job with good quality. I am a high-skilled mobile [url removed, login to view] see my portfolio and if you interest contact me*** -Business [url removed, login to view] Plus
Hello, I am interested to work on this project. I have read all of your requirement and understand how you need code written with comments. I didn't understand two points as below: - a Makefile with targets to gener Plus
Let's discuss over freelancer Personal Message Box for the proper estimation of cost and time. I am myself developer so you will directly work with me. No mediators. No managers. No subcontractors. see my recent Plus
Hello. Your project is interesting for us. We have a good experience in mobile development (Android and iOS - developing apps from scratch, porting/converting from one platform to another, adding features, fixing b Plus
Hey Lets discuss in detail. [ Links of My apps ] //Google App Engine and Google Cloud Messaging, [url removed, login to view] [ Where is My Droid ] // Drag Racing [url removed, login to view] Plus
Dear ! I have developed android apps for 5 years. I have made only native apps. I had made taxi app, food delivery app, gps tracker, game app, social app, chat app, photo editor app, photo sharing app like instagram Plus
Hi, 100% Completion Rate!!! Until now, I have completed all project as successful. I will complete your project too as successful. Please click my profile to check my work history on Freelancer, you will be sure I am Plus
Hi, Greetings of the day. We have understood your requirements and we are confident that with our expertise and commitment we would be able to do this app as per your expectations if not exceeding them We are the Plus
Hi there, Hope you are doing good. This is bhimashankar with "syneotek software solution" company with highly skilled and experienced professional's expertise in development of iPhone, Android, Windows Phone7 app Plus
Greetings Please share with me current app link or apk file so we will check the flow process . its help me to check complete work Thanks
Hello Thanks for posting the project. I wish to introduce my company WeMited Innovations Pvt. Ltd. for your job post. I think my company fits quite well on your requirements and I am hoping for a long term busines Plus
Dear Sir, Warm regards from TechNamrata09!!, I am preferred freelancer on this website with 100% project completion rate. I have checked your project description & I understand your mobile app development requireme Plus
Hi! I am senior android developer myself and leads a team of 5, I am offering my services to do this job. I am confident that I will provide you what actually you are looking for. Below is the link where you can fi Plus
Hello please check my past work portfolio: 1. [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]://[url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]://[url removed, login to view] Plus