Rewrite of an existing application (PhoneGap) into native Android, using material design.
The application in question: [url removed, login to view]
My team is taking care of the backend and the iOS version of the app, and we are looking for someone to work with us long term on the native Android version.
Requirements for our work together:
- it’s a rewrite of an existing app, but with some changes; details for each screen will be provided,
- we are working on tasks in [url removed, login to view] and we will be using it to decide what things need to be included in the next milestone; updating the tasks as they are done and putting the new ones in there is a requirement,
- the source code has to be checked into a git repository (several commits, with meaningful messages per unit of time, checking in the code into the repository once for every milestone will be considered failing the requirement),
- update on the status of the work at least twice a week via email/freelancer message + questions on IM,
Requirements for the code/code quality:
- all code has to be documented and commented:
- the code has to be documented in a way that the documentation can be automatically generated,
- each class added needs to state its purpose in a docstring,
- each method of each class needs at least one sentence docstring explaining
- all the code written has to be successfully parsed by linters put in place by my team (this will give warnings/errors automatically after every commit), and the milestone can only ever be released when there are no problems found by the linters,
- at the root of the project folder there needs to be:
- a Makefile with targets to generate the executable and the documentation,
- an instruction on how to build setup the system to build the app, including the dependencies on the system
- the app has to use the existing backend. The backend is stable, and throughout the development of the code, you will be able to interact with an instance that you can store data in,
- the app will have to integrate external libraries, like: Google Analytics, [url removed, login to view], etc.
- the app can only use third party code we agree on (like the libraries mentioned above) and no other code must be included,
- the app has to be written in a resolution-independent way, so that it works properly on different screen sizes and resolutions,
- the app needs to work properly on Android v.4.4 and above (the previous versions don’t need to be supported),
All of the above requirements will have to be satisfied for any money to be released to you.
We estimate that the work necessary for this first scope is about 4-7 full working days, depending on the proficiency of the developer (that’s based on the time it took to build the iOS rewrite).
If we are happy the work together (both on code quality and the project management and communication grounds), we would like to continue on the project with all the next features we will be adding to the application.
Here is a detailed wireframe prototype for the screens. The comments are available for each screen (click top left to display).
The maximal budget for this project is 1250 GBP.
The maximal time to build is 45 days.
The SDKs to integrate will be : Google Analytics, Layer.com, Uservoice.com.
For the communication with the backend, a documentation for the REST JSON-based API will be made available.
Also, we have finally decided, to use https://atlas.layer.com/android for the messaging part of the app.
In terms of milestones, I suggest:
1) 5% milestone for the initial review of all libraries, templates, sdks to be used for things like navigational menu, any custom widgets, requests to the API, etc. Once we agree on all of them, we will continue.
2) 25% milestone for designing all of the screens with dummy data and dummy navigation. The deliverable here will be a ready to compile android studio project (with potentially instructions on how to build the project, including all necessary custom widgets, libraries, etc), that we will be able to install on different android phones and tables we have and verify that everything is displayed correctly. Small changes to the layout might be requested in order to accept this milestone.
3) 30% milestone for implementing the communication with the backend API, and setting up all frameworks (for example, events for Google Analytics, etc). The deliverable at this point will be a ready to compile project implementing all the functionality required.
4) 40% milestone for finishing up app, testing, making sure it works fast enough, and implementing the minor changes we will notice are needed in the process. This is a final product for this project.
Additionally, I forgot to mention before, the app will need to be able to receive push notifications.
Also, just to reiterate, the following things will be provided:
- API documentation, with access to a test server to make test calls,
- PSD format artworks (logo, splash screen) and photos for the moods,
- wireframe with comments available on the left (left top toggle to show/hide comments) https://marvelapp.com/2h2ichg, which shows the screens needed,
- the reference app "Wink.ms" available from google play store.
23 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 1500 £ pour ce travail
Dear Client, We have developed many applications and mostly work on native application. We have good ratting and complete rate. We can discuss further on the project if you ping me. Regards, Krish