The task is to update and improve an existing database in Microsoft Access 2010, and some problems we are having.
this database has three main tables and is used daily to keep track of visits that our speakers make to schools. It holds contact information from schools and speakers. this includes emails and address information for regular group e-mails. At the moment it is the school holidays so work is quiet. I would like this project completed by the 9th May,
An additional use is to store feedback from the visits.
The main part of the database that changes frequently is the Visits Table (tbVisits). The data is fed in data from SurveyMonkey – that downloads into CSV [url removed, login to view] of these can be provided. The Visits table draws together information from schools (tbSchools), information from speakers (tblSpeakers) to create a single event (a visit by a speaker to a school).
In our offices we coordinate these visits. Each visit will go through different stages (field name for this is “status”) as the arrangements become finalised, from:
“requested” to “arranging” to “upcoming” to hopefully “visited” or “cancelled”
Each school year these will be stored under a different School Year (08-09, 09-10, 10-11, 11-12)
1. Within a query be able to change the status of the visit – at present it is stuck with whatever was originally picked in tblVisits
2. Make importing data from Survey Monkey easier for both tbVisits tbTeacherFeedback
3. Search for a school and/or speaker within a form.
4. FrmVisits only searches for the current year visits eg 10-11
5. We download lots of the data in spreadsheet format to send to volunteers at present the spreadsheets show the autonumber instead of the text attached to it.
6. Create an attractive form which will show tblVisits in datasheet view with drop-down boxes at the top to select particular parameters, including region and status. This will allow user to quickly select particular sets of visits to work on.
We are looking for someone who can fix these issues but also suggest ways to make the database work more efficiently, especially suggesting ways we can get volunteers to access the database online to ‘sign up’ to speed up the process.
Décerné à :
19 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 217 $ pour ce travail
I have over 13 years experience in working with databases (I was a Database administrator for 5 years) and with coding applications, including Access forms. Let me help you maximize the potential of this database!
Hi there, I am a professional London based database developer and consultant and am very happy and keen to help you in this and am sure I can deliver you a tailored solution. Please check your pm. Regards