The output of this project will be a prototype device, along with associated design specifications and drawings.
The device will be a digital pen along the lines of the following:
A) [url removed, login to view]
B) [url removed, login to view]
C) [url removed, login to view]
However it will exhibit the following features:
1) The receiver component will be able to communicate with a tablet computer (eg. an Apple iPad) via bluetooth
2) The receiver will preferably be able to do this via a protocol which allows it to be compatible with a range of devices (eg. laptops running Microsoft Windows, latops running Apple OSX, tablets/phones running Apple iOS, Google Android)
3) The pen component will preferably be able to communicate pressure information to the receiver, and then to the attached device
4) The receiver component will preferably be designed such that it can be either attached to, or ideally inserted into, the pen component (like the ink refill in a good ballpoint pen - except larger)
5) The 'eraser end' of the pen component will preferably allow the pen to be used as a capacitive stylus when the device is turned off or not connected
There is no expectation that the prototype which results from the project will be aesthetically pleasing, but it must be functional.