Overview of App Req. (Note: We make Tourism Video's for our customers)
We need someone to write a software program for our small, newly formed company, which will automatically drag & drop files from a Compact Flash Card, into our own DVD burning application,& burn DVD with speed (preferably faster) ease of use, and high video quality of Toast 10 Titanium.
* Delivery speed/quality of high importance!
* User intervention minimal.
* Video format - full frame PAL.
* Formats .mpg, .mpeg2, m2v - TBA
* Finished DVD - playable on domestic set-top DVD players in any major country.
* Encoding - fully auto, no user selectable options available in main prog. window (maybe in preferences section - currently no encoding is necessary, Toast only multiplexes mpeg2 files on CF CARD & writes them as a DVD. Poss .avi or .mov files need to be encoded. Toast only encodes "these" files and does not re-encode .mpeg2 files. Speeds up burn dramatically – one of our main objectives for this app).
* Software must “ingest” (at least) two other files (template?) (TBA).
* Preferences password protected.
* Software only runs on account with specific name (currently “EVNZ”).
* Software only ingests files from CCF Card called (for example) CFCARD.
* Setup prefs need to include:
* * * * * Internal/External burner choice
* * * * * Location of ext. movie files, used in template (TBA).
* * * * * Location of temp files (for burn process?).
* * * * * Location of backup drive (DVD image(?) files – TBA)
* * * * * PAL video
* * * * * Multi region
* * * * * Buffer underrun protection
* * * * * “Autoplay Disk on Insert” required
* * * * * “Play all items continuously” option.
* * * * * Video Encoding options (TBA)?
* OSX 10.6 or later only
* Chapters/menu’s not required
* All files copied from CF CARD & burned to DVD must play seamlessly as one movie file.
* DVD plays immediately when inserted in DVD player.
* Example files can be provided.
* Application to be released fully to us, no restrictions regarding usage or distribution etc.
Process (similar to the following):
1. Start App
2. Insert CF Card in ext reader
3. Insert Blank DVD (-R / +R etc)
4. App confirms both CF Card and Blank DVD have been inserted, and presents “Start” (or similar) button to continue.
5. App should now run automatically after selecting affirmative option in 4 (above).
6. (TBA - Poss.) App opens to reveal a “Pre Saved” or “Pre-Configured” default template (customers have own specific template) containing:
a. Intro Titles
b. End Titles
7. App automatically copies “all” files (.MPG) from CF Card into app, (inc. template/title/promo titles).
8. Files copied from CF Card must “always” insert into same place in template (generally between “Intro Titles” & “End Titles”, may be additional files so need to specify how placement is achieved – numerically or chronologically – TBA)
9. Once CF Card Files are copied into app, progress bar must be visible while DVD is writing – message “DVD Burning Now”?
10. Verification of Burn optional (selectable via a tick box in prefs) - rejects are rare.
11. At end of Burn, DVD automatically ejects with sound (confirmation of eject - not necessarily successful burn).
12. At end of Burn process, operator has option to save burned DVD (image?) to backup location.
13. This is final function of app before ejecting finished DVD & returning to start again.
14. Once app has completed all the operating steps (DVD ejected ?), any/all cache/temp files must be cleared. It should not be necessary for app to close for this to happen.
* Splash Screen should appear with Logo/Information on open – (Note, may need to show briefly a license agreement on opening the app. etc)
* Finished product (DVD Disk) must be of high quality when viewed on conventional TV Monitor (at least as good as Toast’s “Best” video quality).
* Speed of burn must equal (at least) Toast’s burn times for same files (very important – if it’s slower, we loose business)
* Applescript may be avai