Hi I am starting a project to build a set of LCD colour gauges for my boat using the NMEA 2000 network data available using a Raspberry Pi unit.
Attached is some screenshots that are available on the market and the sort of thing I am looking to be able to do as a final product. All data on boats today use a standard called NMEA 2000 which can be accessed via a CAN BUS MCP2562 chip
There has been some work done and the data is now becoming available to use [login to view URL] There are a number of conversion devices on the market, my goal to make my own and integrate it into a system of hardware devices that can be used as gauges.
Steps 1. To allow the utilisation of the data we will need to know what data is available. The first challenge is to communicate with the NMEA network. I have a NMEA network set up in my office so can test as we go along
2. The second is to and create a simulation environment of the NMEA 2000 data. Without this step we will not be able to test and develop the code. I would like to be able to record the NMEA 2000 network traffic so that data can be used to test the development of the code.
3. Create a stack of each of the data sets
4. Create a library of GUI gauges
5. Create a GUI interface for the user to set up the gauges
6. Add the ability to have alarms if the data meets a certain criterion
7. Extend the GUI to include trend graphs
8. Review the different hardware options for screens I am sure there will be a lot to learn as we go along, and I understand that you will require some hardware to get started. If this sounds like something that you would be interested in then please let me know.
I would like a rough estimate of the cost of achieving 1. And then 2. above
dear employer, I like your project! I am an experienced programmer especial for Arduino and Raspberry. I currently working on the same sort of project like a mowing project based on GPS an compass and a newspaper gener Plus
7 freelance font une offre moyenne de $539 pour ce travail
Hi, We will build your boat LCD color gauge sets. We have very good expertise for building IoT solutions and have good know how with Raspberry PI, Adruino or Microchip board. IoT solution and embedded hardware deve Plus
This project is weird but sound interesting for me. I can help with raspberry with QT (I mean GUI) and yeah i have some field with hardware. maybe I think can help you .
I believe that my 9+ years of programming experience makes me highly qualified for this project. I believe that I would be an asset to this project. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), C Programming, Electronics, Linux, Micr Plus
Hello! Around your project: We have an experience in NMEA2000. We`ve developed flowmeters for marine area. So your step 1 is done for us. Your step 2 is almost ready too. Sometime ago we`ve developed a tool to work Plus
Hello. I am a professional embedded developer with 5 years of experience. I can do this with different solutions depending on your approval.