I have a Perl plugin for Pidgin (Ubuntu 20.04) that I've used for years that uses espeak to speak the name of the chat room or direct message received. (That way I don't have to look at the window to determine if I need to respond immediately.)
The version of pidgin supplied with Ubuntu 20.04 crashes when I use this plugin. I suspect that the Perl API is no longer working properly.
This project is to convert that Perl plugin to C/C++.
I will provide the source of the Perl plugin which must be replicated in the C/C++ plugin.
- Must be able to be built with standard linux/Ubuntu command line tools. (I may modify it later.)
- Must work perfectly with Pidgin 2.13.0 on Ubuntu 20.04
- Must have the same functionality as the Perl plugin.
- Configure either via the Pidgin GUI or a configuration file (I don't care which)
- Configurable command for calling espeak
- Configurable command for playing a room specific notification sound
- Configurable list of room names that are ignored (no sound)
- Configurable list of room specific sounds to play
- Configurable map of room name to alternate name to be passed to espeak
- Configurable startup time - during the startup time, no sounds are played/spoken
- Documented source code
- Make file
3 freelancers are bidding on average $32 for this job
Hi there,I'm biddin on your project "Convert Perl pidgin plugin to C/C++ (linux)" I have read your project description and i'm an expert in C programming and machine learning therefore i can do this project for you per Plus
Hi. I'm curious about the project. May I see the plugin Perl code? I can not promise the success before I can try it out.
Hello Dear...! Alert: I will give you 20% discount on my bid rate also give on my All Services. So grabs this special offer is limited. Let’s get to the point. I came to know that your Looking a developer which hav Plus