We have clean, just created Amazon EC2 instances (Ubuntu 13.04 x64). This is a small instance with 1GB RAM, no videocards. What we need to do is to set up a platform for GUI testing. This must be done 100% automatically, we only should run a script (let's call it Main Script) that will prepare all the things. In short, we will run it from Terminal on our system, pass IP, login, and password of the EC2 instance, and this Main Script will perform everything in pure automatic mode. As the result, we should have a running EC2 instance with graphical environment (xfce4) and installed sikuli IDE (we use it for performing actual tests).
It is important that you have a good experience with linux administration, Python (or Ruby), VNC, and remote command execution. We use Fabric so it would be great if you write everything using it. But if you know Ruby very well you can do something similar.
Long description. You need to create that Main Script (preferrable using Python and Fabric) that will:
1) install all necessary software packages and dependencies, including packages xfce4 and xfce4-goodies, as well as java and tightvncserver, firefox.
2) set up vnc password (just use any string you like), and run vnc using desktop size 1366x768 or (if not working for some reasons) 1280x1024. Color depths is 24 bit or (if, again, not possible) - 16. This is important, we're going to test GUI so it should meet our requirements otherwise our Sikuli scripts won't work.
3) turn off software system updates, screensavers, display power off (it must be always 'on'), firefox updates. XFCE should be configured as a normal installation with default 2 panels, top panel is the menu bar with the 'application menu' button, the bottom panel is the default panel with 'show desktop' button ('minimize all windows').
4) make sure vnc works! this is very important! sometimes we got strange issues, vnc servers was running but when we connected to the server, a gray screen with disabled cursor appears. Maybe we should execute 'startx' command. Anyway it's up to you to find the reason out. You should make sure VNC works and XFCE graph environment is displayed properly.
5) install Sikuli IDE version not less than 1.0.0 (https://launchpad.net/sikuli/+download)
6) after all, the script should download a sikuli script package and execute it. You can create a simple Sikuli script (just 5 minutes) and upload it somewhere. And make sure (visually, using VNC) that this Sikuli script is downloaded and executed properly.
7) (optionally) create an automation script using Sikuli and this graphic environment that you've created. This is not necessary but it's really easy (just select elements you need to click). And you may have a lot of fun, this is Jython and just clicking elements\input some text etc. Again, this is really easy, but if you don't want to do that for some reasons, we can stop before (on the paragraph 6).
Your script should be reliable and fail-safe. For example, you should handle some possible situations as text inputs in terminals, missing software packages (you should run apt-get update) and so on. It's not required to set up 100% of all instances, sometimes Amazon plays dirty tricks, but at least 19 of 20 'clean' instances should perform well.
You should create an Amazon account if needed. You will be probably out of the free tier constraints, no worries, we will compensate all the money you'll spend for it. But, please, don't create hundreds of running instances. 3-4 running instances at the same time should be more than enough for this job.
I'm attaching a file with some drafts (Python and Fabric). You just need to finish the VNC part, and install sikuli and run it 20 times on brand-new, clean Amazon instances to make sure everything works well.
Please provide some examples of similar jobs you've done.
I'd really like to finish this task as soon as possible. Please write your rate and when you guarantee you finish this job if we hire you.
8 freelance font une offre moyenne de $43/heure pour ce travail
Dear Sir, I am Professional Software Developer, I am Linux Advanced Developer, I am Database Developer and designer. I can Handle your job and do everything extremely Grate. Regards,
Can help... I am an Expert... Please check the past projects I have handled and check my reviews for what employers have to say about my work... Can start right now...