The ultimate goal is to run an email server on rackspace.com. Amazon EC2 Small Instance is okay as a host as well (I have one).
Brief Description: Setup an email server on [url removed, login to view] (or EC2). If preferred, I have high performance standalone physical servers available with 10MBps down 2MBps up bandwidth.
Prerequisites: High Level knowledge of Ubuntu Linux command line (no GUI), basic MySQL commands, Basic MyPHPAdmin knowledge (no PHP programming), basic SMTP/IMAP protocol knowledge, Intermediate Shorewall/ any other command line interface based firewall knowledge, Experience with Telnet and SSH (Secure Shell), Skype and Email availability, 24h email response time.
Desired Skills: Proficient in English verbal and written communication, some EC2 or Rackspace experience, Security oriented, Documentation writing skills, Interest in cryptography.
Budget: Stages I-V 10-15 hours of work, additional stages TBD.
For a detailed writeup see here: [url removed, login to view]
Opportunity: At least 10 more stages (100+ hours) and / or monthly maintenance agreement
Stage I Installation - all work completed
1. Rent out [url removed, login to view] linux server - done,
2. Telnet / SSH - done, working fine
3. IP configuration on rackspace - done, working fine
4. DNS and Reverse DNS - done
5. MX records and DNS records on domain - ([url removed, login to view]) - done
6. Install linux applications on server: Postifix, Courier IMAP, Shorewall, Mysql - done
Stage II - Configuration
1. Configure Mysql - done - needs verification
2. Configure Postfix - done - needs verification
3. Configure Courier - done - needs verification
4. Configure Shorewall - done (switched off)
5. Configure Mysql - done - needs verification
At this point a basic email server should be functional.
Stage III - Debugging and Testing
1. Send an email from Postfix to an outside email address from the linux command line - completed, works
2. Telnet to server on port 25 (SMTP) - failed, can't connect
3. Receive an email - failed
Before moving forward basic server must be functional (all of the above set up and completed)
Stage IV Advanced Email Server Setup - not completed
1. Setup Amavisd
2. Setup Spamassasin
3. Setup ClamAV
4. Setup SASL
5. Setup TLS
6. Setup Roundcube - GUI for email
7. Setup Postgrey
Stage V Debug and Testing
1. Send an email from postfix to an outside email address from the linux command line
2. Telnet to server on port 25 (SMTP)
3. Receive an email from outside address
[url removed, login to view] a new user form Roundcube GUI
5. Send an email from Roundcube GUI
6. Receive email from Roundcube GUI
7. Test for 404 links
Update: Horde 4 IMP AJAX Wbmail with INGO will be used instead of Roundcube. That should change much in the bids but let me know if it does.
I meant 'it should not change much'
Thanks for bidding and to those that took time to answer my questions, I am awarding the project now - but I'll be in touch.
15 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 151 $ pour ce travail
I run several mail servers including my own in this way (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and 11.04), and I have co-administered Snap's mail system for 3 years ([url removed, login to view] ISP). You'd be helping me get started here!