I am looking for a developer to customise router firmware and make specific changes to a DNS server.
The project will require a individual or company who can advise on design and develop mods on a router using OpenWRT firmware and communicating to an open source DNS package running on Linux.
We need someone or a team of people who:
- Has a deep and proven understanding of networking
- Has developed using OpenWRT and understands router design
- Create firmware packages form the OpenWRT source
- Has worked on open source DNS network software
- Has excellent English communication skills
The initial piece of work will be to review our requirements, define possible options for implementing and developing a high level technical design.
The changes will likely involve a new user interface for the firmware and implementation of an API to allow control and integration of key functions of the router with a web deployed host.
Please provide an estimate of the cost for this first piece of work and ongoing cost per hour.