I need a module for joomla that allows users to sign up and be able to book a table at a restaurant for a specified date with the number of people etc. Ideally i would like a credit system where they buy up and book a table and the credits is deducted but if that cant work then a simple pay as you go is sufficient. I came across a Joomla credit system called Joom Credit and a table reservations module called TableBooking. Is there any way we can mash these two together?
This has already been done and now some changes are being made to the module by the same freelancer who it was awarded to.
The changes and upgrades are as follows:
1. Instead of FIND YOUR TABLE it's going to say Exclusive Offers.
2. Instead of "Select a Location" it will say "Select an Island". Underneath Island he wants input "Choose Date" with the calendar module and you get to choose your date to book but not your time, that will be done within the restaurants feed because there will be customized [url removed, login to view] that he wants you to change "Amount of people" to Party Size.
3. Because restaurants will have different days they will be offering the discount it's crucial that if you select monday on the calendar only restaurants with monday should be available in the search
4. I have posted a picture on the following link for you to view of how the restaurant drop down should be displayed [url removed, login to view] From the following picture you see we have added and subtracted a few things:
a. A picture upload that will either display a restaurants logo or image
b. We have removed the display of credits because no matter what all restaurants will be 12 credits. Also there will be no added cost if the customer books two tables. However restaurants will let us know on the cap for the amount of party to be booked at once.
c. Location, Cuisine, Dress Code, and Website will be the extra information on the restaurant.
d. Menu will no longer be needed in this module so it's safe to remove it completely
e. The Time will now be generated into a drop box instead of going to a separate page. So the current way of inputting time can be removed because there need not be any "Between" times. It should be simple as inputting 1:30 pm 2 pm 2:30pm which will then show in the drop box.
f. A 'Book' button has been added straight onto the restaurants drop box so soon as the time is selected and you click book it takes you straight to the "you are about to book 1 table page please confirm"
5. The email that is generated from this site should reflect the new changes.
Ok let me just some everything up from the customers perspective.
I log on to Diners Only, I click reservations, I click the particular "Island", I then choose a particular date form the calendar pop up either this monday or next monday, I then select "Party Size", Then I click find a table". BAM! WONDA shows up because in the back end code of things Monday is one of the days WONDA offers the deal. I then read the location cuisine discount type etc. then I select 1:30 pm. Then i click "Book" it then takes to me the page to confirm and I receive the email with the information.