We have a firefox extension which uploads adverting campaigns to the Plenty of Fish website.
An advertising campaign is a group of headlines, ad text and images that all target the same demographics (e.g. a group of dating adverts for single males aged 18-30)
Most simply - the extension completes an online form with the required fields and then submit them.
The extension contains a CSV import / export feature which contains data of one campaign per file. This file is non-standard in that it uses multiple rows to store the data so it is difficult to modify by importing or exporting it into a spreadsheet.
We'd like this extension modified so that ...
1) We can create a different format CSV file whereby each row contains details of one campaign each and therefore we can detail multiple campaigns into the file rather than just one.
2) Rather than submit just one campaign we'd like the script modified so that it can effectively handle multiple campaigns. It should submit the first campaign, then return to the submission page and submit data from the next row in the csv file.
3) Currently the extension's import and export buttons do not work with FF5 or FF6 (It works on FF3.6 though). This should be updated. I have already spoken with a programmer who was able to fix this in a few minutes so should be simple for you.
4) The extension allows for image uploading and batch image uploading (all images within a selected directory) but the CSV export / import does not include the field data for this. You will need to add this.
5) The current CSV file uses shorthand codes for some fields e.g. '1' = male, '1' = Caucasian etc. We'd prefer to replace this with human-readable value to prevent errors. It will be your responsibility to create a template csv file for us to use. It should also contain a header row for ease of editing.
- All existing features within the extension should remain unaffected.
- It will be your responsibility to thoroughly test this before sending it to us.
- I use Firefox Mac so the data must be able to recognize Mac file paths rather than just windows paths.