We are a company that creates the Costa Rica GPS map for Garmin GPS units. We are not related to Garmin, we just create the map as third party.
After buying the map [url removed, login to view]
We need our buyer to be route to one of the following TWO options (we just need one, so whatever you think is better).
Option 1. After purchase, the customer should plug in the GPS unit and the Garmin Communicator Plugin will read the UNIT ID ([url removed, login to view]), then that UNIT ID number should be inserted it into a batch file so a unlock serial number is created, that serial number will need to be created in a regular a .txt file, finally the map instalation takes place, the [url removed, login to view] (actual locked map) and the [url removed, login to view] (serial number to unlock) willl be both install to the GPS unit using Garmin Communicator Plugin (Java).
Option 2. After purchase, the customer could download a zip file that will include the following:
- actual map file [url removed, login to view] (it is locked)
- the "read me" file (we will create that)
- a Bath file that will prompt for the buyer Garmin UNIT ID (internal ID on GPS unit) and then create the [url removed, login to view] file
- Then, Garmin Comunicator Plugin or any other .NET app that will install the [url removed, login to view] map along with the unlocked serial number that the batch file will create [url removed, login to view]
- after running all this process I mentioned above the batch file should not run or work anymore, it should only work once otherwise the customer could unlock the map for more than one GPS device.
Please contact me for more details.
I hope I explain myself correctly.
Will (TrackIt GPS CEO)