Maintenance and creation of new modules for a Market aggregator in the sports industry
Our website ALREADY consist of three modules - user, supplier and management. Each of these modules are functional and what I want is for a programmer to take it from the existing development The specification of the user module is ready in great detail and is the initial focus of this project. The developer will need to come with suggestions for changes/improvements in the design to make the site even more user friendly.
At this stage, we would like to pre-qualify developers by asking you to submit links to 2 websites which you have programmed and are proud of. We will then review all entries and invite qualified developers for details discussion on scope and price.
Web development & maintenance project type:
Client side or server side development & maintenance:
Already existing functionality:
I think most is straight forward. Special functionality will include rating of suppliers as on Amazon, filtering of options as on Cleartrip, add/remove lines as [url removed, login to view], integration of maps from Google, integration of PayPal Pro API, direct mails from site
As mentioned, I need to get an impression of the capabilities/styles of the developers interested in this. After this module, there will be two additional modules (I expect 20-30 pages) - however, the specification is not yet available.
1. Should be willing to take skype conversations from time to time. Meaning english verbal fluency is a must.
2. No excuses such as : bad connection etc will be entertained.
3. You might not have any help from my existing developer so you might have to figure out the entire project flow yourself.
4. Every task needs to be estimated by you before hand and I will give you a green light after that.
4. I will prioritize all tasks. You need to at times give me advice on whether something could be done faster instead of the way I am proposing
5. I'm a big fan of excellent UI : see [url removed, login to view] ; mailchimp etc... this is the kind of work I expect.
6. The way forward is a dedicated number of fixed hours for my project per week + additional hours if needed.
7. Apart from the dedicated number of hours, I might occasionally ask for additional number of hours.
8. Quick and pre-defined turnaround times
9. I need all proper documentation and all international programming conventions need to be followed
10. I will give some tasks for you to estimate to see how long it could take your team. This estimation will help me understand whether your team is efficient or not.
11. Quality control is completely your responsibility and cannot be billed.
Based on what I get back, I will nominate companies who I share the specification and mock up with for detailed discussion on scope and pricing.
Specific programming languages/qualifications desired:
DJANGO, Python, JQuery CSS