Small startup looking to grow tech team from (currently just one dev). We're building a Django-based (1.4) site where users can offer services online, based on categories, geographical location, etc. There's a lot of interaction with Facebook, and there will also be payment processing involved. Looking for a front-end developer and a designer (envisioning this working best as two separate roles, but open to someone who has both skill sets and can switch hats without skipping a beat).
Some features that the site will have upon launch:
- Searching site content and refining results via AJAX, lazy-loading (this is mostly done)
- Users can post their services, and
- Users can book reservations for certain dates and pay via Paypal (this will be integrated into the site to give users a seamless experience)
- Lots of integration with Facebook, including login on the site
- A Facebook app
A front-end developer should have the following:
- Tons of experience with jQuery, including:
- jQuery UI (sliders, dialogs, datepickers, customizing these and creating smooth animations)
- Implementing timepickers, date+time range widgets with validation (e.g. 'to' can't be on/before 'from')
- Real-time validation of forms
- Absolutely must have experience working with templating languages, and making minor changes if needed (anything major to be handled by the back-end dev)
- experience with Django templates is a plus
- Tons of experience with HTML/CSS is a must
- Must have some familiarity with the HTML5 spec
- Comfortable working with PSDs, slicing the occasional image (e.g. a close icon that may have been missed by the designer)
- Be prepared to use Adobe Photoshop if GIMP isn't rendering the designer's PSDs correctly, please.
- Comfortable using Git as is required for this role,
- Using the Github issue tracker to create issues, updating issues, etc.
- Python experience is of course a huge plus
- Other pluses:
- any other server-side language experience
- any Amazon EC2, ELB or EBS experience
A designer should have the following:
- Maintaining consistency is visual style when adding to current designs,
- Able to design attractive pages with good UX.
- Communicating efficiently with site creators to flesh out new features and achieving desired aesthetic
- Deliver create PSD designs, as well as HTML w/sliced images and CSS.
- Comfortable using Git, as well as the Github issue tracker
Both roles should have the following:
- Must speak (and write) fluent, clear English
- Be prepared to coordinate with the rest of the team to try and keep everybody busy
- Be able to work on any needed maintenance or new features, and respond/complete within a reasonable amount of time (so if you're working full-time at a startup this is almost definitely not for you)
- Able to deal with moving targets, changing specs, and features that may not have specs
Please bid your desired hourly rate. Thanks!
11 freelance font une offre moyenne de $15/heure pour ce travail
We checked your details and ready to build your site with QUALITY work. Please check your PMB for details. If you will give us the project then we will do that better quality of work within the time period. Thanks