Currently looking to hire a Java developer to do some customization to a Openbravo POS variant. The job will consist of integration with a payment card industry API/SDK.
The payment card integration will require 5 main features to make it fully functional for a restaurant environment. Pre-authorization, finalization, gratuity, batch functions, and gift card processing. Mercury Payment Systems will be the payment company SDK that will be used to implement these features. Each feature will need to be integrated into the source code keeping in mind that other payment card companies will be integrated in the near future.
1. Pre-Authorization: The pre-authorization features will require a simple button on the main sales screen. When the button is pushed it will ask the employee to swipe the card. When swiped the process will start a check with the customers last name first, then first name by reading the info from the credit card. This can be achieved by altering the current customer features already available in Openbravo or can be an added function. Secondly the pre-auth button will pre-authorize the customer’s credit card for a set amount. This default amount will need to be adjustable by a manager or administrator.
2. Finalization: The finalization feature will require another button that will finalize the check that is currently open on the system with stored customer information. This feature will also include a quick sales feature that will automatically charge the customers card for the current bill amount when the card is swiped. For example the customer orders a beer for $2.75. the bartender hits the Bud Light key for $2.75 then swipes the card to finalize the payment.
3. Gratuity: The gratuity feature will need to have the ability to edit the tip portion of the finalized ticket by the employee after the customer has closed out here bill. This can probably be achieved by using the already built in edit sales feature by adding functionally to it or using the edit sales code to replicate an edit tips feature.
4. Credit Card Batch: The batch feature will need to have the ability to send the credit card batch through to the processing company as per the SDK’s instructions.
5. Gift Cards: Many Payment Card Companies offer gift card services for the end users. The gift card features will need to be integrated per the SDK’s instructions. Integration will need to include the ability to use a specified amount or the entire balance on the card toward the customer’s total bill. The ability to check current balance and print out the balance for the customer.
The project will be one of many future projects. We would like to established a good working relationship with a developer to handle these future projects