I am looking for Java developer to help extend some automated tests. The tests are written Java and use Selenium and Cucumber.
We already have some code but it currently needs to be extended and there also needs to be some refactoring.
The main project is a site to take online assessments.
Below are the list of automated tests to be completed.
- Test new assessment create assessment flow
The flow for creating assessments has changed a bit and some other minor changes to the site. The automated tests should be updated to deal with these changes and all tests should pass.
- Read from properties file (refactor)
Currently the tests check error messages from strings. This should be changed to read from hardcoded string to read from the messages properties file.
Speed up test execution
- Currently every time a feature is tested a scenario is tested a new assessment is created. This should be kept in place to be able to test each scenario independently but we should also be able to test all scenarios without having to create a new assessment every time to speed up the execution time.
- Test pause and resume
A Pause and Resume feature has been added for two of the three ways of taking an assessment. This should be a test to ensure that it is working correctly.
- There are some placeholders in the code to test for data in the database. This functionality should be completed.
Test mail server
- Test to ensure the email server and message queue is working.
- Test certificate code
There has been a new feature to send certificates attachment when an assessment has been completed. This should be tested as well as the email functionality.
Test URL Redirection
- Some URLS in the main site have changed and are redirected. A test should be created to to ensure this redirection works correctly.