We are looking for an engineer to develop software for manipulating .stl files and integrate this in our printer controller. This software will be ran from our cloud. The operating system of this cloud can be chosen by you as long as it as an UNIX distribution.
The printer controller is based on Photonic3D, more information can be found here: [url removed, login to view] , which uses swagger for its API for easy API access.
The function we are globally looking for are as followings:
- The cloud should be able to slice an uploaded .stl file after the desired are translations are applied. A minimum of … triangles per second per printer is required.
- The cloud should be able to automatically orientate the uploaded .stl in the most optimal orientation. The most important thing for the optimal orientation is the likelihood on a successful print, after that the second requirement is with as less support as possible.
- The cloud should be able to automatically support the .stl (3d parts). The support should be as minimal as possible but should still guarantee a successful print.
- The cloud software should be able to make a part hollow and add the drainage holes to make the 3D print successful.
- In case of an non-watertight or non-manifold file the cloud should be able to repair .stl file’s defects.
- The cloud should be able to identify which printer/user is using the software. From a backend we should be able to set permissions and limitations as maximum uses a day, maximum triangles in size etc. Users should be able to sign up with their e-mail and printer number.
- All named cloud based functions (excluding the one before this one) should be able to be controlled from Photonic3D. So a GUI for this should be written. We would have an example of what is desired and a graphical designer available. This GUI should also include a 3Dview of the object and show the progress while slicing.
The cloud software should be able to deal with several connections at a time.
The milestones will be tested by automatic tests which can be included in the CI process. When a new test and agreed milestone passes a part of the money will be granted.
At the end of the project the source code will be send to a third party company to check for quality and maintainability. The score for maintainability and modularity should have a minimal of 75/100 to finish the project successfully and receive the last payment.
All your code will be made open source.
When you are interested in this project than please message us your previous experiences with the needed skills. Also send me an message on how you want to set-up the communication and what the expected cloud hardware per 10 , 40 , 50 and 100 connected clients at the same time would be.
23 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 4115 € pour ce travail
Hello Sir, We are an Indian development company here. we have checked your posted details here and want more clarification in it, so message us to discuss on it more then we will able to move on it. Thanks