The client needs a simple server-side web script (API) written in Python or Java. (It could also be writtten in Visual Foxpro if the bidder is expert in that language, but this is unusual)
1. It is called with a URL, with parameters.
2. From the parameters in the URL call, it looks up data in a SQL table. It then sends a call to a different 3rd-party API (Server B) waits for a response, and then accepts a return response, which will be in JSON formatted text.
3. It converts this JSON into appropriate data and from the data, creates a new row in the SQL table.
4. Then it takes all the data from the above process, converts this data to a JSON-formatted file, and returns it to the original caller.
5. Optionally, the script can have a "constantly running" portion; at a period of time after the initial call (let's say, 12 hours) it would automatically send an API call to the Server B.
The above script must be installed on our server (hosted currently on WebGator) and should have a simple UI which starts, stops, shows number of calls to API, shows "running status" and which allows a couple simple flters (text fields) which are used for SQL lookup step in step 2.
This API will be used for Mobile device calls from an iPhone or Android, and will be calling APIs from other mobile services like Parse.com. However since this is all server-side code, no knowledge of mobile phone programming is needed to finish the project.
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.
12 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 62 $ pour ce travail
Understood! I am proficient in python and mysql. I also have experience with android devices and JSON. Se PMB for details regarding solution. Best regards, Simon