I am currently developing an Android security apps for my school project, it is actually an anti-theft apps.
The description of my project as below:
- User needs to configure all the user settings and activate this apps
- Once the phone is stolen, the apps will detect whether the SIM card has changed or no SIM card is detected.
- If no SIM is detected or SIM card is changed then the device will be locked automatically and unauthorized party will never access to the phone.
- In order to unlock the device, user needs to enter the valid password + the user pre-recorded voice.
- Besides, this apps will disable the USB connection once the device is locked, meaning that other people cannot get your data through the USB tethering. The physical connection through USB is enabled but not the logical connection.
- Then, the micro SD card in the phone should be locked as well once the device is locked. So that even the third party snatch the micro SD but he/she cannot access to the memory card in order to protect the data in the micro SD
- For USB and micro SD locking, both of these functions will start activated once the device is locked. In order for the device to be locked, there are two ways:
1. SIM card changed or no SIM detected
2. user remotely lock the device via SMS (in case the theft does not change the SIM card)
- in order to unlock USB and micro SD, the device must be unlocked first
** Preferred Android version: 2.3
** Preferred tool: Eclipse IDE