We are developing a custom tool to visualize some of the data stored in our database. The data consists of nodes with relationships amongst them and we like to develop a simple, game-like interface, to showcase some of the nodes. There will be a need to zoom in/out, do a high-level representation as well as dive into the database. For instance, the closer you get, the more details of the data that will become apparent. For instance, if the node is about a person, you may see the person's name, address, age, a picture, but if you zoom in further, you may see more details etc. Please note this data will be stored in a database that has a simple API to retrieve it. On a future version, we will add the capability to edit the data, insert / delete new nodes, add / remove / define relationships.
Some of the things that we expect the db interface to do:
- render the data as a 2d and/or 3d wireframe
- render the data as a 2d / 3d scene, using shaded objects i.e. sphere
- show solid lines depicting relationships between objects
- do 3d rotations of scene to view all sides of data
- manually or automatically adjust level of detail, that is , showing more or less of the data set related to that object. the data will be sort of carved onto the objects
- double-click on an object will unwrap it and show all details, along with a list of relationships to other objects. The other objects will be displayed in a list on the right-side of the screen, and will have hyperlinks
- a stack will be maintained so that user can backtrack to previous object views
- there will be a way of selecting a database connection, and auto-testing connection parameters, showing connectivity errors,
- the database will be partially loaded onto the scene, and will auto-load depending on the default level of detail
- all movements will have an adjustable inertia and momentum so as to add realism. we may consider adding sound effects during movements. these will be provided.
- we are looking for platform independence, but are open to suggestions.
- we may break up the project in further phases and start up with an evaluation before we commit to working with you on whole project
- we like to see some example of what you can do and some brief words on what would be your approach to get this done
4 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 600 $ pour ce travail
I am reliable and committed to my work. I have 2 years of professional experience as a developer in Cognizant. I can assure you your work will be deliver on time.