Port Galaxy is an upcoming browser based virtual galaxy. The main aspect of the game is to create your own virtual identity, chat, trade, and interact with other players in a virtual environment. Our game has been in development for over a year now- we have had several developers try to build it... For whatever reasons nearly everyone we have hired to complete the project has come up with some excuse not to finish- and we've had to postpone the release for quite some time now.
The latest version of Port Galaxy is around 80-90% complete, and is our best version yet. It uses Spritesheets to make working on it easier, and make the game work much smoother and in real-time.
There are 2 main components to PG - The Server, & The Client.
The client is developed with Flash/AS3 and contains one main FLA file as well as individual actionscript files. This is what is loaded from the users web browser and is where they can play/interact with the game.
We also use a login widget which connects to the mysql database and allows users to log in to Port Galaxy.
The Ideal candidate(s) for this job will have knowledge of the following:
Mysql & Php
Social Games, Virtual worlds, MMO's
We are looking for someone who truly can understand what we are looking for, and finish developing the game properly. Someone who understands this type of game development. This is a browser based, multiplayer, social game. If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this job, let us know, and we will provide you with further information and examples of our game, as well as a full list of features which have already been completed.
This job requires no (very little) graphical work, all the graphics for Port Galaxy have been create. Any graphics that need modified, fixed, or created, can be done by myself or our graphics artists. We have had some technical issues with certain graphics, and we will work together to find solutions if more problems arise. We hope to find someone who is dedicated to the project and wants to help us finish the game. This job also has a good chance to create future or even permanent work opportunities, as once we have released the game, we will be in need of constant updates. We will always be looking to add new features and mini-games and such to the main client.
Some basic features which still need added are:
- Basic updates/fixes of previous programming, to ensure it all works properly.
- Complete development of a few features such as creating rooms, navigation (going to rooms), and inventory management (managing your furniature, items), Room decoration (placing, moving furniature around your own rooms).
- Trading (exchange items/furniature between players)
- Transport System (pick a room/location to travel to, go there)
- Add Animations (we have animations which need added and rendered/layered properly so avatars can walk behind/in front of them)
- Make other rooms/locations walkable (so you can explore, walk around, and interact with other environments we have) This is done by a creating a map using 0's and 1's (0 being you cant stand on the tile, 1 being you can) This system uses tiles and pathfinding to make your character move around.
- Payment system (purchase virtual currency via paypal, other methods)
If interested, we can discuss further details of the game and what is required.
If your proposal is accepted you will be expected to provide us with daily updates/communication, and finish in an agreed upon time frame. We have not yet set a start date for this job as we first want to find the right person to work with us, and start making arrangements to have the game completed.
10 freelance font une offre moyenne de $2730 pour ce travail
We have expert team of Flash developer of AS3, PHP MYSQL. We have already built the application for football Coach to train their player using flash Editor. Where player position can be set and that play can export to Plus
Hi , I will be glad to assist. I am available immediately and can provide long term support as well. I enjoy game development and I believe that being passionate about your job sets you apart from the rest! Hope to cha Plus
we can take the job we are a team that develop game we can provide art program and music for your game