We are working on a Desktop Sharing Java Applet which captures a selected screen area and encodes it to a h264 video, which is streamed via RTMP to a Red5 server.
We need the same functionality for the output of the user's sound card. It is not possible to grab the sound card output of the user in Java itself, but it is possible to supply JNI/JNA bound libraries to do the task.
This is the workflow:
- User is presented a dropdown with all the available outputs on his system
- After selecting and confirming one of the outputs, the applet grabs the output, encodes it to mp3 and stream it via RTMP to the server. We tend to use this commercial RTMP library: [url removed, login to view], but are open for better solutions.
We need to have a way to synchronize the audio to the video stream, too. We are open for solution approaches.
- We expect a runnable Java applet which supplies the needed native libraries for the operating system.
- We expect clean and well-documented code.
- It must work on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- If the project goes well we need the same implementation for Mac OS X and the integration with our app. We are looking for a long-time relationship with the developer/s.