This is a very similar app to the Apple FindFriends app, showing you and your friends on the same map, but removing most of the complexity such as the “invite” complexity. One person creates a “group” and tells his friends the group name, then each person can join the group. Everybody in the group can see the location of everybody else in the group.
• Create and join group dialog box
• Show the map with showing location of each person in the group
• Locations and people in group are provided via an http interface to a provided web server.
• The app polls the server for new people in the group at preset time intervals
• The map has a flipside with “create” and “join” group options
• Each person on the map will have different colored location marker.
• Normal map resizing function (ie two finger squeezing and expanding)
• Function to resize map so everyone is shown.
• Http links to the server to get the information
• Interface to the server uses XML
Detailed specification includes:
• Screen mock-ups (two screens: Map and Flipside)
• Protocol definitions for each server interaction (create group, join group, leave group, get location info)
• Defined test cases that when sent to the server return desired test cases
• Code to be compile to IOS 4.3
• I have an IOS development environment, so completed object c code so completion of project will be when I have the code compiled in my environment.