We have an excited project for you. We require a talented illustrator to draw for us graphics for an interactive story book we are putting together for children. Please be aware the art will be used for a commercial purpose, i.e. the story book will be sold commercially, therefore we will need you sign a standard IP release form. Part of our terms however is giving you credit and a link to your email/website of choice in the story book's credits.
For this project:
We require several characters, props and backgrounds to be drawn. The style has to be similar to the source material (attached).
The story is basically Springbird (the yellow bird) needs to help Grumps go shopping. The storybook is meant to teach year 4 to 6 yr olds how to count up to 20.
We need the following drawn:
- Bird Tree interior where the birds "hang out"
- Bird tree exterior (foot of the tree) where the birds play, with a path leading out of the area
- Bird Shop Tree exterior, equivalent to the bird's general goods store, where the birds tree shop from Parrot the shop owner. Maybe its like a treehouse on top of a tree?
- Bird Shop Tree interior, with racks for items and a counter where Parrot sits
- Parrot, the shop owner
- Springbird, the yellow main character
The characters need to be drawn in different positions so they can be later animated within the backgrounds
- A book, used by the birds as a shopping list
- A zoomed in view of the book open to a page
- Fruits: oranges, bananas, apples, grapes, watermelons, etc.
- Veggies: cans, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, etc.
- A straw shopping basket
- View looking into shopping basket (to be filled with the props)
- All need to be in vector format for scalability
- This will be the first of 20 or so mini e-books, so if the work is great, we will continue with the same illustrator!