STOP. It is imperative that you read this entire post before sending any messages to the employer.
We have a number of on-going projects and need multiple developers. This project is a test of your skills. You will build a very simple website that is a dashboard for some metrics we produce. Your successful completion of this project will allow you to bid on larger projects. Basically, this is an interview that you can get paid for taking.
1. Your deliverable must be a single file named "[url removed, login to view]".
2. This is how your deliverable will be used:
- Our automated build system will extract your deliverable file to "/usr/local/src" on a fresh server instance that exactly matches your assigned server.
- Our automated build system will run "/usr/local/src/[url removed, login to view]". Make sure your deliverable includes this file.
- [url removed, login to view] will run with root privileges. Do not use "sudo" for commands inside deploy.sh.
- Do not assume any specific starting directory when [url removed, login to view] is executed.
3. Your deliverable is only correct if the following is true after our automated build system runs:
a. A web page is served using Apache when we browse to the server's IP. (E.g., [url removed, login to view])
i. This web page should be titled "Team42 Monitoring".
ii. This web page should query a web service:
1. [url removed, login to view]
2. The web service will respond with a JSON object with 2 values:
3. This page should display these 2 values on the page with large, attractive formatting. No charts or graphs necessary, just the number (unless you want to prove that you are a top-notch UI designer).
4. This page should re-query the web service every 5 seconds and automatically refresh the numbers.
5. This page should display dashes (--) if the web service is down. I.e., don't error, don't display "0".
5. For major technologies/languages, please stick to the following (i.e., no php, ruby, c#, c/c++, etc.). If you would like to use something else, ask before you submit a bid and we will let you know if your technology choice is acceptable.
b. jquery, node, angular
1. Only bid on this project if . . .
=== Freelancer truncates this field. Refer to the attached [url removed, login to view] for the remainder of the project description.