Desired data to be recorded includes:
(A) which words are displayed and in what order, which are selected without replacement from multiple word banks
(B) participant responses to displayed words, which will be from participants pressing one of two pre-assigned keys (P/Q in current design)
(C) reaction times of presses (time in between each word’s display and participant pressing each item.)
Intended task function:
(1) Several word banks are pre-coded in, representing different word categories of interest. (typically 2 banks of words, though a customizable number would be preferred)
(2) The task randomly displays a word from one of the banks, sampling without replacement.
(3) This word will be displayed on participant’s screen.
(4) After each word is displayed, participant will respond by pressing one of two pre-determined keys (P/Q) on their keyboards, conveying a yes/no type response.
(5) The task records which word was displayed, and from which bank.
(6) The task then records which key was pressed.
(7) The task also records the length of time in between the display of the word and participant’s response.
(8) The process above repeats until the number of words displayed reaches a pre-determined limit. Sampling from the different word banks should be balanced so participants receive equal numbers of words from each bank.
(9) When done, task terminates and the participant can move to the next page in the survey. If data has not yet been passed to Qualtrics already for recording, it will all be sent on advancement to the next page.
Free versions of Qualtrics survey-building are available at [url removed, login to view]
If for some reason passing of data directly to Qualtrics is not feasible, freelancers may propose the development of alternate approaches that still allow linking of data (e.g., accepting unique ID’s from Qualtrics and saving data via a different means. However, a version with full integration is strongly preferred.
It may also be the case that consistent and reliable recording of reaction time across multiple computers (item 4) is not possible while meeting the other requirements (note: computers used will be similar and collocated). This requirement can thus be relaxed, but working solutions will be preferred.
1. Working framework of task that can be run in a standalone web-page.
2. Demonstration of function inside (otherwise blank) Qualtrics page, with means of data recording.
3. Demonstration of reasonable consistency of reaction time data across multiple environments (including effective understanding of any necessary constraints such as browser type).
The actual task will have three blocks:
1. a short practice block where participants see a few words on their screen and are able to practice responding with p/q. This will use separate words.
2. a full block with all the words desired.
3. a final, recall block. This is simply a text entry field where participants write in all the words that they can remember. This should be timed entry, approximately 3 minutes available for entry.
A screenshot of the task has been uploaded.
Décerné à :
22 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 1914 $ pour ce travail
Hi, I have 3 years + experience of front end and back end development. I will be interested in long term relationship. Please reply so that we can discuss details.