We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our team to architect and develop, from scratch, a new job board platform. We’re looking for an individual who want to join and grow with an entrepreneurial, fast paced, mission driven organization.
Who we are
The Fourth Estate is a global public benefit organization with headquarters in Washington, DC. We are on a mission to democratize news for the public benefit and to contribute to healthy societies by fostering, supporting, and incubating a sustainable and vibrant free press while promoting news and journalism as a resource and force of good in society. Our services and initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders, building tech platforms from scratch.
About the job
We are looking for a talented and entrepreneurial PHP developer/engineer to architect and develop, from scratch, a new job board platform.
It’s very important to us that the successful candidate share our conviction of bootstrapping, you should have an intuitive feel for what works and what doesn’t on the web! You should be able to keep it simple and keep it lean.
- You should be able to quickly and efficiently work alone or as part of a small project team
- Considerable commercial experience working on web based applications in a LAMP environment
- You're up to date with the latest front-end, back-endm and UI/UX stuff (HTML/CSS/AJAX/etc.)
- Experience working and developing within a SAAS environment delivering a platform based solution.
- Experience architecting, designing, and clean, organized, and elegant object oriented systems
- You should have a fondness and love of MVC frameworks
- Sound understanding of agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, you should move quickly and ship code - often!
- You really hate when stuff breaks and it keeps you awake at night
- You see the bigger picture and realize that there are more exciting tasks than squashing bugs
- You possess a personality and sense of humor, Meaning you're friendly, interesting and can talk to mere normals
- Python/Django skills a big plus
- Comfortable with SQL databases
- Knowledge of all things Git
- You reduce waste and overhead wherever/wherever possible
- Write unit test, but are not militant about things like testing frameworks and code coverage
Benefits and perks
- You'll be join a young, passionate, and growing public benefit organization with a mission that really matters
- Compensation based on experience, location, seniority and performance
- The prospect to grow and a long term employment contract
- The opportunity to make a real mark and make a difference in the world
How to apply
A real cover letter expressing your interest in the position and highlighting your skills will give you an automatic advantage over applications without a cover letter. Really!
Telecommuting is allowed and encouraged.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and demonstrated capabilities for the role.
No Agencies! We are looking for a real person to grow with us.
84 freelance font une offre moyenne de $23/heure pour ce travail
Hi Thank you for posting. I have ever developed job portal. Please feel free to your idea about your project. If w are in chat, we can discuss more in detail. Regard Chengzhe C.