We're a small company with just one IT support person, although we've used different freelancers for projects over the years. Our current IT support person will be leaving soon and we need someone to fill his shoes on an hourly basis. We're looking for just ONE person to perform both a major cosmetics upgrade as well as provide ongoing monthly support, both scheduled and on an as-need basis. You'll bid an hourly rate and an estimate of how many hours you would spend monthly on standard support, based on the project description. You'll provide examples of previous OSC sites.
- your English must be perfect or near-perfect. You'll be talking with the English-speaking owner directly, posting on the company's FB page, discussing issues and upgrades, working together on sale promotions.
- OSCommerce experience. This is an an absolute must. We have had an OSCommerce platform for many years and are not planning to migrate from that. Please include links to previous sites that you've done in OSCommerce in your communications. If you DON'T have any OSCommerce sites in your portfolio, PLEASE DON'T BID.
- PHP, SQL, HTML, and good graphics design.
MONTHLY TECHNICAL DUTIES
You'll be performing the following checks and functions each month, summarizing what you did/found in a monthly report, estimating additional time for work to be performed, and invoicing for your services.
- security checks, security directory permissions, and fix issues. If any issues are found, you'll fix them and include a description/screenshots in your monthly report.
- version check. If version is current, you'll include that in your report, otherwise you'll provide an estimate of the time necessary to upgrade. The site is not heavily modified, but any modifications that have been made will need to be identified and, if warranted, brought forward with any upgrades or revisions.
- supporting products. Check for scheduled upgrade of PHP, SQL, and any other server software that might impact the site. Our hosting service has a history of upgrading without notification, so you'll need to be proactive.
- maintain modules.
-Current payment modules in use are PayPal and Authorize.net. These will require upgrades as new versions are released and compatability issues with server software develop.
-Current shipping module is zone rates. We have USPS shipping module installed but not implemented.
-Mailchimp. This module has worked extremely well for us and our customers.
-Coupons. We use this module, but probably not to its fullest extent.
-Advanced Statistics. This module currently has a DB error that will need to be fixed. I suggest including the monthly sales figures for the previous month in your report
MONTHLY MARKETING DUTIES
We run a special or sale about monthly. This entails modifying the splash/index page with the sale notice and the link to a shirt or corresponding graphic, promote it via MailChimp and posting on Facebook.
Owner has contracted a graphics designer to update the images for a new look/feel. You must have the ability to create an eye-catching site. You should be good with graphics, graphic design, and image creation/manipulation yourself. You will have to define the scope of the graphics and estimate the effort.
Answering some questions: The amount of work each month is between 5 and 15 hours in a normal month. Months requiring upgrades, when a new version is released, new modules, etc will require more. You should be able to estimate approximate hours for those special tasks and provide those to the owner.
Additionally, upgrading the website to a new look/feel will require you to estimate the approximate number of hours you believe it will take before beginning work. It will be paid at the same hourly rate.