Well..let's see...I'm a really serious Type A personality. I do great at analyzing things putting together projects, using programs effectively to get jobs done neatly.
So that's what my resume is. It's a resume. It's neat. Done in Word and exported to .pdf.
IT IS SOOOOO long (5-6 pages) no one would ever finis reading it (which is why I'm still freelancing my SEO work). It's totally boring--not a single interesting aspect to it (I saw one resume for a writer with a header on it--like a website--of a gorgeous graphically-designed pen on paper-- simple, beautiful and engaging). I bet they get jobs!
Plus, I used one of those online resume builders to write it -- I am a good writer, but not when writing about myself.
It's cliche, unorganized, boring, long and neeeeeds design. I read the average recruiter spends *TEN SECONDS or less* reviewing a resume. I've been "freelancing" my SEO/Online Marketing with a few clients but can't land a job--and there's TONS of openings. [url removed, login to view] wants hundreds of dollars to re-write it.
So I'm counting on you guys! Please, help! If you can make my boring and long resume:
- Shorter, more succinct and cut out the cliche stuff (like "team player!")
- Still get across my skills and training/academic expertise
AND also have elements of creative design, that would just be perfect. I'll take Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Indesign,.pdf --- doesn't matter what format you redo it in. Just help this smart girl get a damn job! :)
I cannot attach the .pdf so you see what you have to work with because it has contact information (against Freelancer rules). But it is:
- .pdf format
- Literally 5 (maybe 6?) pages, but some are bulleted
- Totally plain, "classic" style
- NO color, design, nothing, looks like a book report :( Not that I want it to be a child's fingerpainting project, but some mature appropriate design would make a huge difference. I know Photoshop and design logos for money, but can't figure out what to do with this (I think because it is my own...)
It's just so long and boring, but I am extremely skilled and qualified, and have a great academic background and training in online marketing (From real Universities and people in the field -- not Youtube). I should be making $80,000--but getting past the first page of this resume hurts me. AND IT IS MIND!
- Are creative
- Are an excellent writer who can recognize cliches
- Can whittle 6 pages down to 2 or something
- Can add elements of design to it
- (Maybe even refer me to a client? Eh? ;)
Thanks for bidding =) Sorry the budget is so low... But the whole not-having-a-steady-job-thing stinks. I'm actually great at logo design, so I can do money plus a trade =) Whoever wins gets 1 free logo if wanted ;)