I am looking for an experienced book layouter/designer for a children's book (age 4 - 8 years old). The characters of the book are animals.
The book is written for kids (4 - 8 years old). All stories contain a pedagogical aspect (having ideas) and a funny aspect. The book has 38 pages in total with the following break down:
- Cover and back page (2 pages)
- Inner pages (4 pages) where we want to show sketch illustrations
- Non-content pages, e.g. title page, copyright page, acknowledgement etc. (8 pages); one page is empty
- Introduction (2 pages): text and illustration
- Content pages (24 pages): There are six stories in the book, each story on two double pages. There is one illustration for one double page (i.e. two illustrations for each story). There is text on top of each illustration.
It is planned to offer the book as
- an "Print-on-demand" book on [url removed, login to view] through CreateSpace (in English); trim size 8 inch by 10 inch
- a PDF ebook in A4 for Germany (in German)
- epub format for iPad (in English and German)
- The task includes setting the layout, text font, font size etc.
- The text (English and German) and all illustrations are being provided. The illustrations are provided in .PSD and .TIF, the text in word.
- The illustrations are being designed at the moment.
- Print-on-demand version for [url removed, login to view] as PDF Trim Size 8 inch by 10 inch (English text)
- PDF for European format A4 (German text)
- epub for iPad (English text)
- epub for iPad (German text)
- InDesign CS3 or higher source file for the four mentioned deliverables
- You are an experienced children book designer and you can share reference examples
- You have are excited about children's book and are fanatic about details.
- You are proficient in book design; the word trim size, bleed etc. are well known to you (only using InDesign is clearly not sufficient)
- You are an expert in using InDesign, CS3 upwards
- You are proficient with the book product process, especially for print-on-demand and ebooks
- You can communicate in English, mostly in writing, so we understand each other
- You are 100% reliable (you walk your talk)
- Your name will be mentioned on the copyright page, optional with contact information
- The work can start now but requires the completion of all illustrations which will be most likely in June 2011. Communication with the illustrator may be required.
- Your receive one copy of the book as reference material after the successful completion of the work
- Since the amount of work is relatively low, I am considering a price of about USD 75.
My main selection criteria are
- your experience and skills in layout of children's books.
- the quality of your reference children's books. If you don't have reference children's book examples, it is unlikely that I'll choose you. Even a low price cannot compensate this.
- Understanding of your working style (please share this when you bid)
I am based in New Jersey (USA), the time zone is Eastern Daylight Time. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
14 freelance ont fait une offre moyenne de 178 $ pour ce travail
hi. I am a painter and a graphic artist. please check my portofolio in scriptlance at... https://www.scriptlance.com/cgi-bin/freelancers/freelancers.cgi?viewprofile=erithonia
I would love to assist you with your book design, Please check your PMB for the details of my bid, examples of my qualifications and a sample of my work!!