Read this carefully before applying and be honest about your qualifications. We will test your skill set before you are hired, so please don’t waste your time if you are not qualified. Apply now because we are interviewing today and will be on-boarding the right candidate within 3 weeks.
Scare Street Publishing is looking to hire 1 long-term, part-time or full-time Senior Editor to work with our team in editing novels and short stories. As a publishing house specializing in horror fiction, we’re growing and looking for an editor who knows how to keep the scare factor high, remedy plot holes, improve characterization, ensure consistency throughout serialized novels along with editing typos, grammar and sentence structure. Thank you for applying.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Editing manuscripts and short stories to identify and suggest remedies to plot holes, characterization and consistency issues, typos, grammar and sentence structure
- Ability to gauge the scare factor of a horror story and propose ideas to heighten it
- Ability to clearly communicate constructive criticism to writers in a manner that fosters long-term collaboration and work with them until all issues are closed.
- Coordinate manuscripts with writers, editors and project lead
- Compiling error-free manuscripts for product launches
- Evaluate and approve changes by writers and other editors
- Ability to edit and deliver manuscripts in a timely manner while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Publishing experience (Optional but preferred)
- Horror experience (Optional but preferred)
• Pay will depend on experience.
• 30-40 hrs/wk (full-time)
• The hours worked will depend on your knowledge, skill set and how quickly you can learn and complete existing tasks error-free. We will add more tasks and hours when you’ve proven that you can handle more
• 80% of the hours can occur during regular working hours (10am-7pm GMT+8) and are flexible as long as your work quality is high
• 20% of the hours can occur during the evenings or weekend depending on coordination with international staff and product launch dates. Because of our international team and product launch dates, you must be willing to work weekends as necessary.
- Fluent or Native English speaker (written and verbal)
- Experience in editing fiction, particularly horror is a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel in MS Office and Google Suite
- Dropbox, Slack
- High standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Quick learner, deadline-conscious, goal-oriented, and resourceful
- Fast internet, Stable internet and electricity
- Individual applicants only, no agencies
- 3+ years of BPO experience and/or Virtual Assistant experience is a plus
8 freelances font une offre moyenne de 13 $/heure pour ce travail
Proofreading and Content Writing I can complete this project asap. I have already done similar projects. Please directly dm me for detailed discussion. Regards.
I have experience it deserves and am ethical. Am also good in English as a language I have been editing plays of universities and even TV stations before they are aired .