I'm going to need to work on a large project written in Fortran. The code is physics related.
I need the following:
1. Assign me a few exercises that should enable me acquire the basics of Fortran, of course I expect you to take me through these examples in details.
2. Together, we should go through the source code of the programme I'm going to work with in order to understand its structure and how to use it.
3. Write a simple main code that exploits the build-in functions in the programme.
4. Write a simple routines and subroutines and see how to use them and link them.
I'm a beginner at programming but I have good basics in C++.
Once you feel you can work with me, I'll send you the source code, you don't need to understand the physics. But you need to be able to help me at some point to work comfortably with the code, and write new -simple- additions, or make some small modifications (for the purpose of practicing).
We'll deal with each other via email. But, you should be available if we needed to set up a live-chat or something. I want to do all this in at most a month. With the following structure of meeting in mind:
1. Send me email containing complete exercises that should make me familiar with Fortran (but not too easy exercise). With solutions.
2. Meet on live chat (or here) to discuss the examples and other important concepts. Also, we pick a main code from the programme I want to work with, and the source codes of it, in order to study and discuss them in some detail.
1. Send email to explain the structure of the main and sources that we picked.
2. Meet to discuss the structure and see how the main is built and how the routines of sources are called in the main.
1. Send email to suggest writing our main that exploits some already existing routines.
2. Meet to discuss and make sure we did it correctly
1. Send email suggest writing a new routine and modify another routine (and subroutines), then use them in a main code.
2. Meet to discuss and make sure everything works fine. End the project.
Each meeting should be 1 hour long.