I need a flash game developed that is very similar to this one. [url removed, login to view]
But has two modes. Mode 1 is the building mode where you can build your own track based on a set of "tiles". Mode 2 is where you race on the track. I want Mode 2 to be nearly identical to the racing in that HotWheels game, but the view should be a little further zoomed out.
Ideally, the user can use as many of each tile as they want, and the tiles will be loaded at run time from a folder or a library file or something similar. (So different tiles can be added in the future.)
I would also like to be able to add more cars in the future and also be able to tweak the performance of each car (or have the users tweak the performance.)
I will be able to provide vector graphics of the tiles and cars, but I could use help with the user interface.
Finally, priority #1 is to allow the user to race against AI cars. Priority #2 would allow two players to race against the AI cars at the same time using different keys on the keyboard. (This might be done using two views of the track.)
I have uploaded a very rudimentary flash file showing examples of some tiles and how they can be arranged.
I am looking to have a working version of this game before October 6th. On this date it doesn't need all the bells and whistles, but it should look good and be playable. (Only one car is fine, additional tile support not required, etc.)
Finally, I imagine that work will continue on this project for a long time, with more and more features being added down the road. If you do a good job on this project there is the opportunity for continued work.
Some clarification on the deliverables.
By Oct 6th I will need:
- A track building function so users can create their own track from a predetermined set of road tiles.
- The ability to race a car on that track in a method similar to the game located at http://www.hotwheels.com/games/webtradingcars/index.aspx (Yes, that means collision detection on these customizable tracks.)
- Ability to set the rules of the race (i.e. number of laps, etc.)
- The steering on the car to have some inertia. (I don't know how else to describe it, but I don't want immediate max steering when hitting the turn keys.)
On Oct 6th I would LIKE:
- AI cars to race against. A high level of intelligence is not critical.
- The ability to tweak the user's car's performance (acceleration, tire grip, braking, etc.)
- The ability for a car to turn too hard and slide.
Other items that don't have a set deadline, but should be completed ASAP after Oct 6th:
- The ability to easily add new tiles to the game for users to build tracks with. (including bridges)
- The ability to easily add new cars and easily modify their stats.
- The ability for users to tweak their car's performance (tire grip, acceleration, top speed, braking, over/understeer, weight, etc.) or get new cars.
- Requiring a user to log in and save their data in a database.
- The ability to race head-to-head with another player on the same computer against AI cars. (i.e. Using WASD instead of the arrow keys.)
- Different levels of AI for different skilled players. Preferably with a difficulty that adjusts to match the player skill using the player database.
Finally, I don't think it matters to me if the track stays oriented to the screen and the car turns or vice-versa. I know the HotWheels game has the cars turning, but if it's easier to program to make the car mostly stationary, I might be open to that. Further discussion necessary.
Also, the game audio will need to be provided. I have no way of making game audio. (tire squeeling, various engine sounds, etc.)