I need a 5 to 10 minute animation made. Dummy/placeholder voice tracks will be provided for timing and animation purposes. This video will serve multiple duties as a promotional video, trailer, and pilot episode.
* The art needs to be highly stylized; it needs to have some "pop" or "oomf" to it
* Anime style along the lines of Neon Genesis Evangelion but slightly simpler or a simple Western style along the lines of DC Animated Universe with a little more "cut" or detail to it.
* Scenes must be dramatic and "large" feeling, without going over the top or becoming too busy with detail
General concept and feel:
* Science fiction with magic or futurist fantasy
* The art must draw in the viewer with a sense of excitement and wonder
* The animator needs to feel equally comfortable with modern scenes, high fantasy, and the presentation of advanced technology
* Character models
* Some scene mattes
* A couple of test scenes
* A draft animation of the complete sequence
* Final product delivery
Please tell me that you understand that you are granting me exclusive publication and licensing rights to any work purchased. You will retain attribution rights and will be credited as the creator of the art. You may also list the work as part of your portfolio and CV. You may NOT publish the work, in whole or part, in any way. Please also let me know that you understand the script and its contents are solely my intellectual property, including all plot, characters, and associated trademarks.
The final product must include all draft art and Flash project files, as well as two rendered versions (one in HD format, and another in standard resolution). Include an estimated cost for character model design, scene background art, and per-minute animation. We have already priced out this project with Korean, Japanese, and Canadian animation firms, so please be realistic in your bid.
Please include links to your previous animation work. Finalists will be asked for a customized sample of work, consisting of the first three steps of the process (character models, test background, sample scene) which will be paid for ONLY IF ACCEPTED AND USED. We may hire multiple artists and animators from the finalists for this project, so you must be willing to work in collaboration with others.