We are implementing a formal training system for our workplace. It has several elements, most of which have been created as Microsoft Excel files.
It is a lot of manual work to record employee training and assessment results, as well as report on progress. We would like a quote on updating our Excel files to achieve more automation and easy reporting.
We have done some testing using Adobe fillable PDF forms for people to track training and competency results, but it is time consuming and we’re unsure how to use the data collected from PDF.
The requirements can probably be met by using Excel but we’re open to using other methods like writing a database. However, we need to continue using JIBs in the format they have (Important Steps, Key Points, etc). Note that we have already created many JIBs using our current Excel template.
We have access to Windows tablet PCs with stylus pens which can be used by trainees and trainers. The solution has to be Windows based and hosted inside our network.
Elements of new training system.
- Job Instruction Breakdowns (training scripts for specific work tasks)
- Operator Development Plan (training plan for an employee, listing JIBs and other training materials to be completed for each work area or work machine)
- Master Development Matrix (overall record of employee training progress)
- Other training content hosted internally (e-learning videos, simulations)
Requirements for JIB:
- We want a master file that is blank where a trainer can add the specific Important Steps, Key Points and Reasons Why then save it as a specific JIB.
- Protect the Excel file from user data entry mistakes (possibly use a data entry form or protected fields).
- A Simple Standard Way of Operating which contains the training script of the JIB but we can add pictures to it and list hazards and control measures. This becomes a reference on how to do that job for employees in our factory.
- A Self Assessment form where the trainee can mark that they believe they are competent in each item.
- An Assessment form where a Assessor can mark the trainee as competent or not yet competent in each item.
- The trainee and assessor need to be able to sign off on being competent.
- Record this data in a way that can be easily reported on. For example, report on trainee John Smith’s competence in a specific JIB.
- Collate the data so we can report an overall competence for a trainee in a group of JIBs. These are normally grouped into a machine or process.
Site operational reporting requirements:
- As well as any data or reporting about JIBs, we’d like an easy way to report on how many employees are competent in each machine or process at our site.
Managing training plan requirements:
- We’d like an easy way to track training plans for each employee with a timeframe for completion.
- It would be nice to assign training tasks to people.
- It would be nice to be able have reminders on who is overdue for their assigned training times.
36 freelances ont fait une offre moyenne de 21 $ /heure pour ce travail
Hello! We are extremely interested in this project and would love to work on this project, please reply back to discuss further. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks!